The EMDRIA Approved Training Course provides comprehensive training in an intimate setting.
Participants will receive a minimum of:
- 20 hours of didactic presentation
- 20 hours of supervised practice
- 10 hours consultation for on-going practice*
*This Complete EMDR Therapy Training format includes the 10 EMDRIA required consultation hours following the training. Many other EMDRIA approved training programs require scheduling and payment of these consultation hours in addition to the training fee. Please see the Course Participation Agreement for more information on the follow-up consultation.
Training normally held on scheduled dates from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
A certificate of completion will be awarded upon completion of the training and required consultation.
- Learn the definition of EMDR Therapy
- Understand the history/background of EMDR Therapy.
- Develop skills in using the 8 phases of the Standard Protocol.
- Learn client selection criteria and ethical cautions for EMDR Therapy.
- Experience EMDR Therapy from multiple perspectives. (Clinician, Client, Observer)
- Learn resourcing techniques for client stabilization and safety.
- Learn techniques to add in blocked processing.
Introduction to special protocols
- recent traumatic events
- illness and somatic disorders.
Introduction to working with specific populations
- sexual abuse victims
- complex PTSD
- dissociative clients
Graduates of EMDR Training Center’s Basic Training are eligible to receive discounted rates for workshops and additional consultation offered by ETC staff or affiliates.